Monday, May 23, 2011

City of Meridian

We have some wonderful news to share...

Doug's job is now full time at the City of Meridian. It has been such a long year of waiting and wondering. But it paid off and now we can stay here in Boise. We feel all grown up now that we can settle down somewhere and have a real job. What a huge relief. We have had our patience and faith tried but so much good happened during the long wait. We have been blessed beyond measure. We are so thankful for the loving support of our family and friends. We have grown so much as a family and with our Heavenly Father.

Now on to a completely different note. Last week was Public Works week (which is the department that Doug works for). On Saturday they did their annual "Poop Scoot." Oh dear, now I have to explain it because it's so funny. They have everyone start at the Water Plant. They drop a tennis ball into the pipes (AKA a poop into the pipes) and everyone races to see if they can beat it to the Water Treatment Plant (AKA the sewer). Whoever wins gets the tennis ball on a trophy. Gross huh!? Yet so funny. So we walked/jogged it with the girls and had a blast!
We beat the tennis ball. It actually goes pretty slow!

6 comments:

John and Anna said...

YAY! That is such great news! We are so happy for you and Doug! That has to be a huge relief. And almost my whole extended family live some where in the Boise area. A few of them in Meridian. It's a great place to be. We don't get up there too often but when we do we'll have to get ahold of you. :)

Kenzee Jo said...

AHHAHA!! YAY!! You beat the POOP!! hahah

moi said...

Yay! It feels so good to know that you can plant roots. You are lookin' good. Congrats!

The Thompson Family said...

You were just super fast, but I bet you were pooped afterward :-) Congrats on the full time position. That is awesome. I have some really dear friends that live in Meridian. Their last name is Taylor. Love and miss you guys.

Cali said...

So happy for you! Nothing better than feeling secure and settled.

ps- I loved that post awhile back about your leg! I never knew!! I love how you're showing it with pride in this post. You're so amazing!

Green River High School said...

I wanna see this trophy! You got it, right!? That is hilarious. I want to come up next year for it. I'm putting it on my bucket list.