
My heart is very full. I have so many wonderful things to be grateful for. I feel like I need to document my thoughts today, whether it's just for me or maybe it will help someone else, I'm not sure. We watched the LDS Conference last weekend and I have been rereading and pondering everything. It was so good. {Please take a minute to read some of the talks given by our dear leaders and prophet, Thomas S. Monson.}
Some of my personal favorites were:
We thought we would get to watch a little bit here and a little bit there because of our small children causing a ruckus. However it was quite the opposite. On Saturday we set up the tent in the living room and Allie "decorated" and brought all her "cozy" things inside. And when she woke up on Sunday she kept asking when conference was going to start. She sat at her table and colored in her conference notebook. She would repeat the words she heard every now and then. On Monday she was ready for some more talks!! She kept asking when we would watch. Katelyn was really good too. It was so nice to watch all 4 sessions together as a family and be uplifted, reminded, and enlighted. It always comes when most needed.
photo credit: here
I'm so grateful for our wonderful families who lift us and help us in so many ways. They are everything to us. As we look for jobs nationwide we begin to question our faith because we are so sad to move even further away from our families. They truly are our biggest blessing.
My daughters are precious angels from God. He has so much love for them. And He has entrusted me to raise them. I look at them each day. They are so pure, innocent, loving, sweet. I want them to be that way forever. I don't want anyone to ever hurt them and I most certainly don't want them to make choices that will cause them grief or pain. Allie and I read scriptures together everyday. I want both of them to see me reading my scriptures and know my testimony. I want them to love the gospel because it brings about eternal life.
My husband is unreal. I am amazed everyday at his love for me. He is so giving. He wants me to be happy in every way. His love for our girls is astounding. He only gets about 2 hours each day with them before they go to bed. The minute he walks in the door he is playing on the floor, laughing, letting Allie do his hair, etc. What a joy. That really brings joy to my heart. To be sealed to him for eternity is one of the greatest decisions I've ever made. I try to think of eternity without him and I fall apart.
The people in my life make it as perfect as possible. I am so grateful for the ways the Lord has shown His love in my life. His tender mercies are everywhere. I hope I can be more aware of them and teach my girls to look for them. I want to be better for them. I hope I can be the kind of woman who is full of virtue and love and has a serving heart. I hope we can ALL be that way. I know the people around me are inspiring me each step of the way.
This website is so awesome! We can uplift and inspire each other through our testimony of the Savior.


6 comments:
You are such an inspiration to us. What beautiful thoughts and comments. May your family continue to be blessed. Thanks for sharing from your heart.
I don't know if it's the hormones or what... no, actually it's the fact that you are amazing, that I cried so much reading this. What an example you are to me. Thanks, Mar.
Love this post! Thanks for sharing and I am glad you had such a wonderful Conference weekend!
This post made me smile and warmed my heart. Just like you do! :) Love you guys!
WOW- you are awesome. What a beautiful post! Tears in my eyes and a full heart, thanks for sharing your thoughts and testimony. Love you!
You are such a good Wife and Mom. They are so lucky to have you. What a great reminder. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us. Love you!
Post a Comment