Friday, April 1, 2011

Dating

We were in a dating slump to say the very least. After moving, having a baby, and being broke we didn't ever go on dates or couldn't justify spending money. If you don't practice then you aren't good at it anymore. We weren't creative and we weren't having quality fun together. Maybe this has happened to you...maybe it will. Here was our solution and it's great.

We are teaching Allie her ABC's all the time. So in a joking manner one night during pillow talk I said we should do ABC dates. Laugh if you want but it's brilliant! We now have a letter to plan our dates around every week. It gets us thinking about what we can do. We take turns each week.

Nothing extrordinary but it is planned, quality time together.

A: Date out. Answers and Allie. We answered questions about each other and went bday shopping for Allie.

B: Stayed home. We have been really excited to start our new budget so we did a budget and beverages (cherry limeades of course).

C: Stayed home. Romantic comedy (Doug rented "Teen Witch" just for me...I have the best husband I know!) and candy (chocolate covered cinnamon bears of course).

D: Date out. Doug's favorite place to eat, Denny's. Dollar date: Go to Walmart and fill your basket with things for the other person that cost $1. After 15 minutes come back and they can choose the best one. We both got knives (photo from last post). Donuts.

E: That's our date tonight. This is the agenda that Doug left on the computer for me. I'm excited!
So if you need some creativity for your dates, go ahead and try this. It's fun and we are loving it!!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

This is an awesome idea!! Thanks for inspiring me! :)

John and Anna said...

I love you guys and your creative ideas. I wish we still lived in the same town so we could double with you on your fun dates. I may be copying your fun ideas. Watch for them on our blog. :)

Kory Jane said...

At least your hubby is willing to participate. I am pretty sure my hubby would only participate if I thought of all the dates, and I am sure I would be exhausted by letter F. I love the idea, keep the post coming.

Annie said...

you guys are brilliant! that is a wonderful idea! we are TERRIBLE at going on dates (i think we have been on 2 in the last year that didn't involve our kids). but, you're right, it's hard to find the time, think of what you can do, leave your kids, and i find it's hardest to think about shelling out any $$ for a babysitter. but, it is necessary and it is FUN! so, love your ideas, i may have to steal some :-) oh, and those KEENS in that picture, i am drooling over them!!

Brooke Carroll said...

So cool! We were on a major dating slump too after I had Jalie. Awesome idea! And thank you for your sweet comment-things are getting MUCH better :-)

Chixon said...

Such a good idea. We are at the phase where most of our dates our at home but this will be a good way to keep them from constantly slipping into "lets rent a movie off of itunes" or not happening at all! :) thanks for sharing

Kenzee Jo said...

Sooo creative and fun! Definitely in a no-dating mode lately...

Courtney said...

This is the best idea I've heard in a long time! We're SO doing it! Jay might not be totally down and first, but I'll convince him. From the number of comments on this post already, it's clear that we're not alone in our dating slump. Thanks Mar!!!