Monday, November 29, 2010

Much Thanks

I left for Park City a week before Doug could join us. On the trip there I stopped to see some wonderful friends, Natalie, Lyndsay and Julia. I guess I had my hands full because I didn't get many pictures. Here is Lynds with little Katelyn Bug.



My sister and her husband Joe came for the entire week from Chicago. My brother, his wife Lisa, and their cutie McKenzie came for the week as well. It was just a party. It was hard being away from Doug that long and I realized how much I need him around with two kiddos. In fact I hit my breaking point on Wednesday night. Luckily he flew in on Thanksgiving morning :) But how blessed I was to be with my family for so long. It was a time that I will cherish forever. I was able to celebrate my 27th birthday with them and they spoiled me like no other! They helped me with the kids, we played games, watched shows, and of course ate great food (magical meals and magic bagel boxes). It's hard to travel with our small children but they did really well. Thanks for everything!! My mom made stockings for Doug, Allie and Katelyn. Of course she made me one but that was 27 years ago :) What talent she has. They are such beautiful, special keepsakes. I love them! I made her do the same stockings for the girls because I LOVE the pattern and I didn't want one to be jealous of the other. She made them different so they would have their own touches. She is amazing!


My girls and my mom
My birthday "pupcake" makers
Yummy necklaces
Beautiful Thanksgiving table
My mom...the Thanksgiving guru. She made an A+ feast!
Everyone together! (Don't be mad Amy!)
My girls with my dad :)
Yeah, they are cute.
Allie is in that stage where her smiles are cheesy. But this is a good shot of the kiddos.
THE STOCKINGS ALL HUNG...
I'm so thankful for every amazing blessing in my life. I have so much. Thank you to all my family and friends for all your love :)

6 comments:

Heather Layton said...

I have to tell you, it that "Bumbo" is yours, you ought to buy the tray that goes with it. I feel like it makes the baby so much more secure and it adds convenience too. Happy Holidays! Wish you could have visited southern Utah too!

Courtney said...

Looks like a fun trip. I LOVE those stockings. Your mom is awesome. And the girls are growing up so much. I don't know when we'll see you guys next, but I would just love to see you. You know you guys are some of our favorite people!

Brooke Carroll said...

Your family is so precious. I loved the pictures...hope you are doing great!!

Kenzee Jo said...

Love the stockings!! Love your girls...so cute! Getting big...and great picture of Lynds :) You look fab too, no fair ;) I'm not even close...ahaha...

The Thompson Family said...

How fun. I love the stockings. Katelyn is so cute. She is chuncky like Bailey. I love it. I am so glad you got to go home. Love ya!

Annie said...

traveling with kids is the worst - you are awesomely brave! looks like a wonderful thanksgiving! your girls sure are cute!