Thursday, August 5, 2010

Reasons to Smile

This is us.
 
   
   
Allie truly loves her sister. I love this picture of my girls!
My brother's family...yeah we are cool because we all wear white!
My grandmother from Florida was able to come. Four generations.
Doug's whole family...or so we thought. Where is Josh? I knew it wasn't possible!
Katelyn's Blessing
Katelyn had a beautiful priesthood blessing given by her father at church. So many of our family came to share the special day with us. She was such an angel that day.


Gifts of Love
We have received so many wonderful gifts from family and friends. We appreciate them so much. My mom cross-stitched these beautiful names for the girls. I love them! What treasured keepsakes. Now I need to decorate their rooms finally. HELP!



Doug's Birthday Meal. You are going to want to try this. I will post the recipe soon.
Blueberry bars instead of cake...we are leaving all weekend so he took them to work.

There were two massive spiderwebs above our door with a ginormous spider hanging out. I wanted to die.
Doug's 29th Birthday
We live a very simple life. We kept his birthday low key but special. We surprised him a day before with dinner and a treat and sidewalk chalk. He was thrilled. Today my sister in law watched the girls so we could go out for lunch. It was pretty wonderful!

6 comments:

Brooke Carroll said...

Love the pictures, Marilyn! Your girls are so pretty. Hope you are doing awesome and are feeling great! You look beautiful as always :D

Heather Layton said...

I love that cross stitch! I would LOVE to have something like that for my kids you must have an amazing mom!

Hope you had a great b-day Doug!

The Thompson Family said...

I agree you look awesome. Wish Doug a happy belated birthday for us. You have such a beautiful family and you look so happy. Love ya!

Green River High School said...

Great pics, great memories, great times!!! Glad to see things are going well up there! miss you!

Kenzee Jo said...

Allie sure does smile big around her sister! :D Love the signs your mom made!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I love the gifts!