Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10.16.12

Tuesday

I want to remember our day to day life. I need to write more about those things rather than just the BIG things!

We dropped Allie off at my dear friend Lisa's house. She takes Allie to preschool on Tuesdays so I can go to my favorite Zumba class. Katelyn and I drove to the gym and I got my groove on in Zumba whilst she played in the daycare. My kids love the gym daycare and I'm really grateful for that one!

It was raining buckets when I finished my class and that explains the extra amounts of sweat dripping off my face in class. It felt humid and it was! So off to the shower I went and Katelyn enjoyed some Sesame Street. Then we peeled apples and dehydrated them and it was time to pick Allie up from school.

She runs out of school yelling, "Mommy!" I love it, best feeling ever. And then she jumps into my arms. I will cherish these moments as long as they will last, which I hope is forever but know it's not! Doug's mom and dad had us over for lunch + Mattie and Josh were there too. Yes please! 7-layer dip and PB/honey sandwiches. It was awesome. And Luanne introduced us to carmel and apple candy corn. Now my life is ruined. They are so good and I am trying NOT to eat candy. So that was grand.

Nap time. Blessed nap time. Both girls took a 3 hour nap. I did laundry, read my scriptures, made some phone calls, and scheduled stuff.  I had to wake the kids up...love when that happens. Warmed up some chili for dinner that I had froze a few weeks ago and got them started on it. Doug walked in the door and I was off for my strength class at the gym. Kicked my butt but felt so great. No milk in the fridge means it's time for grocery shopping. I noticed Doug's car needed gas so I filled it up and mailed a book I sold on half.com.

Then home to put groceries away, tuck my kiddos into bed, clean the kitchen, sweep the floors, and mop (which hasn't been done in over 3 weeks). Sick...I know. Then I cuddled up to watch the LAST episode of season 2 of Chuck with my MAN. Loved today. Simple, sweet and good.

2 comments:

Bill Compton said...

And who says stay at home moms do nothing. You didn't mention that at the end of the day you were wiped out.

Marie said...

THREE HOUR NAP?????!!!!! How is that even possible? I am uber jealous. :)