Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekending

Our weekend started off with SOD....Free SOD! Our friends Blair and Vickie and Doug's dad Larry came and helped lay it down. I didn't touch a thing. I watched the kids. I'm lame. But, our backyard has grass!! I'm beyond happy about this. We have to stay off it for a few weeks still but it looks great and we will be more than ready to play in our backyard when the time comes!!

Saturday morning was just beautiful weather finally. It was overcast and cooler so we headed over to the Boise Farmer's Market which is always a good time. Samples, balloons, fountains, yummy food. The kids love it and were so fun!

Allie filled up a sticker chart and so we went to "Brave." I have mixed feelings about it. Good show with a good message but there are some weird and scary parts. All in all we loved the time together and had a blast! We went to clean the church afterwards and then headed over to a BBQ with some friends. There was some awesome food and company and I didn't take any pictures :(

As we walked out the door from the BBQ it started pouring rain (YES!!!) and we came home and danced in it. There is nothing better than dancing in summer rain. Especially since it rarely happens.

We got the kids in bed and sat on the porch enjoying the cool weather and the smell of rain and discussing an anniversary trip next month.

Sundays are always wonderful. We love our ward. We love our callings. Although one hour of sacrament is the most tiring thing I do all week sometimes. It is so hard to keep the kids quiet and occupied. I would love any tips from you! We love a day to rest and hang out at home with each other. 



2 comments:

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

We vote for an anniversary trip to Seattle!! (Its not THAT bad of a drive!!) Plus we also have some good rain downpours that you can dance in too! We'd show you a good time! :)

russ and annie said...

what a wonderful weekend! there is nothing better than the smell of rain and farmers markets! dare i say that i dread sundays?? if it weren't for the 2-hour free babysitting we get in the form of nursery, i don't know if i could do it. so, i wish i had some good tips for kids, i swear we have tried everything, but our kids are nuts and it's a fight just to get them into sacrament meeting because they know they have to sit still and be quiet. we do bring our iphones and i let them color, and play games on them. no, they aren't paying attention to the speaker, but they are being quiet enough that we can actually try and listen. that works better than anything else we have tried!