Tuesday, June 28, 2011

ONEderful!

Katelyn turned ONE!
I have been thinking about the last year and what a joy it's been but at the same time it has been so hard. Katelyn is so different than Allie was. This is NOT bad but I had it all figured out so she's throwing me for a loop in almost every case. We had a birthday party with Doug's parents and his sister's family. We had a taco bar and a caterpillar cake. Both were scrumptious. I will have to share some new taco recipes later with you all.

Fun things about Katelyn:
Waves hi
Is VERY intense about eating
Has permanent rug burn on the tops of her feet from scooting around all day
LOVES bath time (also very intense here)
Wrestles with her sister
Has NO teeth
Eats everything in sight
Loves to eat oatmeal, fruit, crackers, beans, chicken, pureed veggies
Sucks her right thumb
Cries a lot
Momma's girl!!
Says: Dadda, momma
Loves to jump and kick those legs
Is not afraid of anything


From so sweet and peaceful...

To so sweet, playful, and FULL of life!
Walking dinosaur (idea from Dan and Lisa). Our awesome bargain buy found on Craigslist! She is not even close to walking but will take a few steps with her new little friend.
The tongue helps her concentrate!
A little diva.
Colorful Caterpillar cake
Let's start this thing!
Wait, what do I do with this?
Okay, I figured it out. SO GOOD!!
Don't even think about taking this away from me!!

This video is priceless. She was so funny with the cake.
HILARIOUS!

She finally figured it out. Digging in!

Here's to another year with our Katelyn! I wonder what lies ahead of us...

6 comments:

John and Anna said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Katelyn! I feel the same way about having to relearn everything with Season! I thought I had things pretty figured out, but EVERYTHING is different with our 2nd. Not bad, like you said, just different. I guess that's how we become better people - through learning with our children and their different personalities!

Here's to a happy and joy-filled 2nd year for you all! :)

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATELYN!!! Those videos are so cute! I love the way she chomps on that cake! So funny! What a doll...i love her.

Kory Jane said...

Time just is going by way too fast....that cake was too cute. I loved it.

Brooke Carroll said...

Sorry it's so late, but happy birthday to her!!! She is such a cutie-pie!

Jordy and Paiger said...

The first video had me laughing so hard. Not just at Katelyn, but at Allie's laugh in the background! Holy cow so funny. Happy Birthday Miss Katelyn. Can't believe it has come and gone. We miss you guys!

Kenzee Jo said...

:D haha... How funny!!! What a doll to say the least.. and I loved the little giggle in the background of the first video :D