SIMPLE TURKEY CHILI
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
1 C water
1 (28 oz.) canned crushed tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can kidney beans- drained and rinsed
1 (8 oz.) can black beans- drained and rinsed
1 T garlic, minced
2 T chili powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Dash of cinnamon
I also add frozen corn
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion and cook until tender. Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, beans and garlic. Season with all the spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. 8 servings.
That is a lot of chili for the 3 of us so I do this.
DAY 1: Chili with rolls
DAY 2: Baked potatoes with chili
DAY 3: Chili Nachos
Now that's good cookin!
ENJOY! :)
4 comments:
Save some for us!!
You're gonna have to fight me for it!!
~Doug
Oooo... this looks pretty delicious. Shad would love it! I will try this sometime... thanks for sharing!!!!
I am not going to lie, I eat this chili ohhhhh pretty much every week. I am so glad you shared the recipe.
Post a Comment